Dear Parents, Carers and CommunitySAFETY FIRST AT ST. ANDREW'S! PLEASE SEE IMPORTANT NEWS BELOW
- 1. We are trialling a new routine at the start of the school day in order to keep the children safe before the bell goes at 8.45 am. The KS1 children on arrival at school will walk through the playground to the rear of the building where staff will be there to monitor them from 8.30-8.45 when the bell goes. The KS2 children will remain on the hard playground as usual.
- 2. PLEASE NOTE children must not be left before 8.30 as there will not be a member of staff outside to supervise. The children will be led out to their usual places at the end of the school day, so that has not changed. May we also politely ask that parents drive slowly into the school car park and not park where we have placed the cones, as the school buses need plenty of room to enter the site safely.
- 3. Please note that the bell goes promptly at 8.45 am ALL children must be in school by this time. Latecomers risk disrupting the lesson for others and prevent the school's learning day starting on time. We have a 'Late Book' in which lateness will be recorded in line with county policy.
Thank you for your support on this, as the children's safety and learning are our top priority.
We are delighted that parents have been attending our Friday Celebration Assembly at 2.30 each week. We would now like to invite you to our Collective Worship, led by our new vicar Reverend Colette on Wednesday afternoons at 2.30 pm. Everyone is welcome to attend this Collective Worship. We were fortunate to have the community's very own musician Tony Durkin who kindly played for us. Thank you Tony!!
NEW! PARENT INFORMATION SESSIONS!
We have published the dates below for our parent information sessions. These will replace the Parent Forums. Within these sessions we invite you in to learn about how we teach aspects of the curriculum and share valuable information about how you as a parent/carer can support your child in their learning. Everyone is welcome to attend these sessions.
Here are some important dates coming up:
Wednesday 28 September - Wednesday Club begin
Monday 3 October - The Home School Agreement and Attendance Leaflet will be sent out with the children. This document will need to be signed and returned to school.
Wednesday 5 October - Meet the teacher from 3.30 until 4pm for Acorn, Holly Oak, Chestnut and Ash Classes only. Parents are invited to come into classes for this half an hour to informally chat to teachers. NOTE this only applies to Holly, Oak, Chestnut and Ash classes.
Tuesday 11 and Thursday 20 October- Appointment times will be sent out
Thursday 13 October - Harvest Festival in church - all welcome
Friday 21 October - INSET Day school closed and end of the first half term
Tuesday 22 and 23 Wednesday November - OPEN MORNINGS to come and see phonics and Guided Reading in action. All are welcome on either or both days between 9.00 and 9.30 am.
Thursday 24 November 5-6pm PARENT INFORMATION EVENING - Phonics and Reading
Friday 2 December - Norwich Puppet Theatre 6pm - ask the office for details
Tuesday 13 December - KS1 Christmas Nativity performances at 1.30pm and 6.15 pm
Wednesday 14 December - KS2 'Carols by Candlelight' time to be confirmed…watch this space!
Thursday 15 December - End of term Christmas church service all welcome! 9.30 start
Friday 16 December - End of term
Monday 30 January 2017 - Maths Mastery Parent Information Evening 5-6pm
Tuesday 31 January and Friday 1 February 2017- See Maths Mastery in action - Open mornings from 9-9.30 am All welcome on one or both days.
INSET DAYS 2016-17
1 September 2016
2 September 2016
21 October 2016
17 March 2016
16 June 2016
Dates- PLEASE SEE THE WEBSITE CALENDAR FOR MORE DATES, link below (this link was previously at the foot of the newsletter).
SPORTS Please see our sporting and other clubs page.
HOT SCHOOL MEALS
As parents you can access the deadline dates in several ways to ensure that you do not miss the deadline and that your child has the meal offered to them by the school. The deadline date is usually in the last week of every month but is open for ordering for weeks before this.
1. Go to our website and look under Parents - Parents information- Hot Lunches
Here is the link for this page
On this page you will find the link to Thornford School deadlines for the next three months.
2. Go to the Thornford Primary School website directly and see the deadline dates, link below:
See our newsletter and deadline on our Facebook Group which echoes what is published on the school website. If you would like to join our Facebook Group, please see Mrs McVeigh in the office. Our website has a parent's calendar with Hot Meals deadlines published. We regret that we cannot order meals that miss the deadline as Thornford will not provide meals after the date. We urge you to order before the deadline and we wish our children to enjoy the meals offered to them. Thank you for your co-operation and support on this matter.
SAFEGUARDING OUR CHILDREN IS TOP PRIORITY
1. Entrance Gate The entrance gate is shut from 9.00 until 3.00 pm.
2. Contact Details
We need to ensure that our contacts database is regularly updated. If you have changed your contact details, mobile numbers please will you inform Mrs McVeigh at the office.
Please note that children are supervised from 8.30 am on the playground. We would urge parents not to drop children off unsupervised before this time. Please ensure your child is handed over to staff on duty, thank you.
St. Andrew's is pleased to offer the facility of an Early Arrivers Club, which many other schools do not have. It runs from 7.30- 8.30 during the week. Breakfast Club must be booked in advance. Please see Mrs McVeigh in the office if you would like to book a place.
Please see the link to the Breakfast Club Booking Form below:
If you would like the newsletter emailed to you directly please send a request mail to email@example.com to be added to the circulation list.
At St. Andrew's we are actively encouraging regular attendance at school. Indeed regular attendance has a huge impact on children's progress and attainment.
Please see the link below for government guidelines regarding the law and attendance.
Dates- PLEASE SEE THE WEBSITE CALENDAR FOR MORE DATES, link below